The Manhattan Project: problem with corrosion? Nickel! Still? More nickel!
I’m now at http://devyn.me/
DevHost1 might crash soon due to a kernel bug
It involves leap seconds.
DevHost1 kernel upgrade: 2012 June 29 22:00 PDT
If having to restart your screen/tmux sessions annoys you, you could just put an entry in your crontab (
$ crontab -e):
@reboot screen -dm 'command'
or with tmux:
@reboot tmux new-session -d 'command'
Had to deal with some self-proclaimed “griefers” that I seem to have let into Devcraft this morning. Looks like they didn’t know I keep logs of all PMs too. Among the gold:
(PM) Griefer1 -> Griefer2: lets grief (PM) Griefer2 -> Griefer1: maybre (PM) Griefer2 -> Griefer1: we shall see (PM) Griefer1 -> Griefer2: ok (PM) Griefer1 -> Griefer2: i set it on fire earlier (PM) Griefer2 -> Griefer1: dont be a douche yet (PM) Griefer1 -> Griefer2: kay (PM) Griefer2 -> Griefer1: at least i cant hear his annoying voice thru the computer screen (PM) Griefer1 -> Griefer2: lol ikr (PM) Griefer1 -> Griefer2: shall i set it on fire? (PM) Griefer2 -> Griefer1: fuck no not yet damnit (PM) Griefer1 -> Griefer2: ok im getting bored (PM) Griefer1 -> Griefer2: thats it im fucking his boat (PM) Griefer1 -> Griefer2: distract him
I’m not going to post their names out of respect for the friend who reported them, but I will say that Griefer1’s username starts with a lowercase ‘x’, and Griefer2’s username starts with an uppercase ‘D’. That should give it away to anyone who plays on my server.
Oh, and this:
(PM) Griefer2 -> Griefer1: i think this is a job for polu and the gang
Yeah, inviting a bunch of your friends is really going to help on a pseudo-whitelisted server.
- < sanitypassing> I guess I haven't found the one thing that's fun to do then.
- < devyn> s/the one thing/a thing/
- < devyn> there are many
- < sanitypassing> such as?
- < devyn> that depends on you
- < devyn> it's subjective
- < sanitypassing> >_>
- < sanitypassing> Everything is subjective.
- < devyn> no
- < devyn> not everything is subjective
- < sanitypassing> Almost everything is subjective.
- < devyn> no, not almost everything
- < devyn> plenty of things are objective
- < sanitypassing> FINE, BE THAT WAY
- < sanitypassing> MANY THINGS ARE SUBJECTIVE
- < devyn> many things are also objective
- < sanitypassing> PROGRAMMING HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THEM.
- < sanitypassing> I hate you right now.
- < devyn> programming is not subjective
- < sanitypassing> >_>
- < devyn> fun is subjective
- < devyn> this is about fun
- < devyn> and how it relates to programming
- < devyn> programming itself can not be subjective
- < devyn> it's programming
- < devyn> it's like
- < devyn> dark
- < devyn> → sleep
- < eboy> asderfgfsasdqweer
- < eboy> oops
- < devyn> o_O
- < devyn> asutdantoehidthoedutnhdntohd
- < devyn> oops
- < eboy> what have I done
- < eboy> it was an accident
- < devyn> lies! it was a psychological experiment!
- < eboy> yes and you failed :p
- < devyn> aww
- < eboy> it was a double blind subliminal psychological experiment